Monday 15 September 2008

2 Reasons to Smile!

This morning before I went to work, I went to Meadow Mews to do a couple of jobs and check out the photo that was a finalist in the 'Smile' photography competition. It was a nice surprise to see my friend Kylie there who is also a finalist in the competition! You can check her photo out here.

I saw the photo of Dad and Pop straight away as it was on the end of the display.

I then started to walk around it looking at all the other photos, and there was a second photo that I entered!! It was also a finalist and I didn't know about it! I couldn't believe it. It was one that I really liked of Kobe laughing at Harri on the bed. This afternoon I took the boys and Aaron up to see it.

This is the photo that was chosen.

There are twenty photos in the final and they are on display until October 3rd - go and check them out - if you do and fill in an entry form you could win $5000. Some national judges are coming down to judge them, and the winner will be announced on that day. The winner at each shopping centre winning a camera and printer package, and the national winner winning $10,000.

I'm not holding my breath as there were some great photos (and I've already decided which ones I think will have a chance at winning!), but its exciting having two photos in the final. It's nice that we also get to keep the photos after the competition has finished.

14 comments:

  1. Woohoo 2/20 equals a chance to me:)

    Good job on the pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you win i shot-gun the new camera...

    or your old camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha Kieran - keep dreaming!! Jay is crossing his fingers as he would get the camera, as I really wouldn't want it as nothing could replace my lovely digital SLR :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats awesome- well done and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooowww.i had high hopes!

    now they are dashed :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool, I'll have to take my kids and check it out. I love that photo of Harri and Kobe, good luck in the competition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome, and they are gorgeous photos!!! GOOD LUCK

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you're a winner-you deserve it-good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Lisa, that is so exciting. Hope you win.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can't use the excuse now that its just the camera that takes good photos. I might have to engage your services to take photos of the baby - don't worry just after he comes out, not during. Yuk!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just went and checked the photos out they look awesome. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't scare me Simone!!!
    Thanks Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How awesome is that & what special photos. See I told you, you were the papparazzi queen....word's got out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. cool lisa! i had the entry form to go in that but time ran away from me! Hope you win $5K ... woudnt that ROCK!

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...