Wednesday 8 January 2014

Widow Wives Club

Since Aaron passed away I have been blessed to have 'met' so many beautiful people who have touched my life.  Some I have been able to meet in person, and others I have only met through the internet.    These women and their husbands mean so much to me.

 Aly and Cade
Tiffany and Ryan
We all have the same faith and I'm so grateful for that, because I know that these women get me...because they are all widows too.   I 'met' Keri first, when Stephanie Nielson's mentioned her on her blog as they are friends.   Her husband CJ was killed in an accident, as he rode his bike to work on Valentines Day.  He died just 20 days after Aaron.  Keri and CJ were only married for 18 months, but their love is so evident in the photos that she posts on Instagram and her blog.
They are the cutest couple ever and I love seeing the pics that she puts up of them together.  
 
My heart is so sad for her as they hadn't had any children yet, and I know that she just wishes so much that she was able to have kids with CJ.  Keri recently got the cutest little dog - Tiny, and I know how a dog can help, but it can never really take away the grief and loneliness that we feel without our husbands here.  Keri looks for 'love notes' from CJ every day and keeps hold of them or takes photos of them. 
I love seeing photos of Keri with Megan, whose husband Josh passed away from cancer.  I always feel like I am too young to have lost Aaron, but my heart just breaks for Megan and Keri who lost their husbands not long after they were married.
Aly's husband Cade passed away after an 18 month battle with cancer.  I'm so glad that he got to meet his son Luke before he passed away. I love that Cade loved Pepsi as much as Aaron did, and smiled when I saw this photo of Aly and Luke as his grave with a bottle of Pepsi.
Carly lost her husband Michael very suddenly just a year ago, and not long later gave birth to her twins. 
It's very hard being a single Mum, but I can't imagine having to give birth to twins just after my husband passed away.  
She is amazing and her twins are so cute. 
The most recent widow is Tiffany whose husband Ryan was killed in an accident, just five months ago.  They have two gorgeous girls. 
Whenever I think about Tiffany I remember the shock after Aaron passed away, and imagine the things she is going through right now. 
As much as I hate that we have all lost our husbands, I'm so grateful to have 'met' these amazing women.    Even though we are in different stages of our lives, and our stories are different, we are still very much the same.  We all miss our husbands incredibly and it's nice to have met people who really get what it's like. 

We started a hash tag on Instagram #widowwivesclub where we put the hash tag on any pics that we post with quotes that we think each other may like. 

It's definitely not the coolest club to be in, and it's not a club I wish anyone would have to join, but I'm grateful for these women who I one day hope to meet in person.  I am wishing so much that I could just jump on a plane and fly to Utah in the next couple of weeks, as they are all talking about meeting up very soon. 

I can't wait to see photos of them together and imagine the laughs and the tears as they talk about their men, and how much their lives have changed in the past couple of years.

15 comments:

  1. What an awesome group of women! You're right, I do NOT want to belong, but like you said...it is SO cool that you've found each other. You WILL meet them all one day - it's meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    What a wonderful post and a wonderful thing to do for yourself and the others. I am sure they would love to meet you as much as you want to meet them. Be kind to yourself and make that YOUR priority - GO TO UTAH !! I live on the other side of the US but if there is anything I could do to help you get there I would be willing. Godspeed !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was that easy - there's just the 'little' problem of no passport and no money :)

      Delete
  3. I am sure it's a great comfort to have these women to relate to. I think you should definitely get on that plan and fly to Utah! As my girls say "YOLO", you only live one! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOLO for sure but lack of funds and no passport makes it impossible. I want to do it right and take my boys one day - we will meet, just not now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am imagining these guys and Aaron together in heaven talking about you girls...how much they love you, how proud they are of you all and how blessed their lives were to have you in them...how sad they are too that they had to leave you all so soon....so much LOVE XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have found great support form an online group of LDS women who have experienced divorce, also a hard lonely journey. My mind is boggled when I try to imagine moving through these trials without the connections forged through the internet. Couldn't do it without my faith in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lisa, you are just the most amazing lady I've ever 'met'. You're right, it's the most horrible club to be apart of and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but I have met some of the most AMAZING people through this trial. I had chills through this whole post and it seriously makes me want to jump on a plane RIGHT NOW and come to Australia!! One day I will and we will have a blast. We will be thinking of you next week as we get together. Love you!! #onedaycloser ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stories and trials are so touching. I am a sister of your same faith, a daughter of a mother who lost her husband unexpectedly while 8months pregnant, 13 long years ago. I myself am not apart of the #widowwivesclub, but my mother is. She raised 4 kids, and it seemed to most she was on her own but I know there was help from the other side of the veil. Your children will grow and be strengthened through these trials too. It is often hard to understand how and why things happen in this life but Heavenly Father knows us, and won't leave us alone. Thank you for being courageous in sharing your experiences. You are making a difference in the lives of others, and through your experiences you are sharing the Gospel with so many!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, this post made me sad. Though I'm glad you all have each other's support, I hate how hard it is for everyone. Megan and I grew up in the same town, she's an amazing girl. Sending love to each and every one of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you love and encouragement. To all the young widows, I was you. I was widowed 18 years ago the week the youngest of my four children turned 5. Was a crazy ride this has been, your are right in that your grief and sadness does not go away but it changes. You cope, you get out of bed each day, you somehow move on and you have a good life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was a really powerful blog Lisa J. Even before your unwanted club you were still cool. I am ever grateful for a loving Heavenly Father whose tender mercies are not restricted by borders or oceans. Bring on the states I say ;) Speak to Big Gaz, if he and Lisa can't devise a way to get you there nobody can!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get your passports and maybe the right plan will fall into place:) The Lord knows your desires and they are righteous. We never know how things will fall into place but they do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been reading your blog for about a year now and I simply adore it.
    It was so weird seeing "Aly and Cade", as I looked at their pretty background, I realized it looked so familiar to me. I have done a few photoshoots in Mantua, since I only live about 20 minutes away from there.
    Such a beautiful family. You guys are blessed to find one another:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loop my sister-in-law in your club. My brother died 15 years ago from brain cancer. :( Thank you for sharing these stories.

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...