Thursday 26 April 2012

Three months

Three months without my best friend. Three months since the boys have seen their Dad.  Three months of not knowing why this has happened. Three months of trying to understand and to still see the good in life.  Three months of having a family of four on earth, instead a family of six.

It's hard to believe that three months can go so fast. I thought it would be the opposite. 

Simone has been so awesome in taking Kobe for me a whole day once a fortnight. It happened to fall on the anniversary of the day Aaron passed away, so it was nice to have some time to myself today.    She made me laugh as she pulled up with her Bunnings t-shirt on as we have a bit of a joke going about Bunnings and she knew it would make me smile.

I enjoyed the quiet time getting some jobs done, and then lying in the sun reading, and had a lovely treatment by a beautiful woman Mary who has been so kind since Aaron passed away.   I have been very spoilt this week and also had an amazing massage by Rose who has also been so kind to me since Aaron passed away. I feel very blessed to have so many people show so much kindness to me.

I headed to the cemetery to have some quiet time at Aaron and Noah's graves while the boys were at school and Kobe was with Simone.  I was surprised to see that Aaron's grave had sunken so much from all the rain recently.  It'll still be a while until they can sew any grass seed around Aaron's area because the graves there are still settling so much unfortunately.


When I picked up Jalen from school he jumped in the car and looked terrible. I asked him what was wrong and he burst into tears and said he had the 'worst day at school ever'.  He was so upset and told me he had trouble with his friend, felt tired and weak all day and had a relief teacher for three periods and his name (of all names that he could've had!) was 'Mr King'.  He then told me he had a big talk and cry with one of the teachers and she was very lovely and supportive and talked to him about a few things that could help him at school, so that was nice to hear.   Because it was three months today since Aaron passed away I said to Jay he could buy his lunch at school for a treat.  He then said 'and the worst thing ever! They were all out of meat pies!' and then had a laugh.

We then went to pick up Harri and his Principal came over to the car to let me know that Harri had been teased by a boy about him not having a Dad.  He got into the car and I just said 'how was your day Harri' and he straight away told me that a boy he was playing football with said 'I don't care that your Dad and brother died' and then he burst into tears.

I had felt teary all day, but had held it together but seeing both of the boys so sad after school made me cry too. I hate seeing them so sad and not being able to take away the pain for them.  We went to pick up Kobe and then headed to the cemetery so we could let off some balloons together.

Jay was very emotional so Harri went over to give him a hug which was nice.  






We started to head over to Noah's grave, but Jay said he wanted to stay at Aaron's for a bit longer and have some time on his own.   I left him as I know he likes to have time alone, just to sit and cry.  I hate seeing him so upset, but I also know that it's okay for him to cry.  I reconsidered taking a photo as I walked away, but thought that in years to come it will be good to look back to see how far we have come (I hope!).

Over at Noah's grave there was a bit of a nudist behind the bushes as he needed to go 'right now!'.

He made us laugh when he came out pulling the silliest faces and moves to make us laugh.

It was nice to see Jay smile again as he picked him up to give him a hug.


Harri and Kobe love running around near Noah's grave and I don't mind them doing it as long as they don't run near or over other children's graves. It's nice to see them smile while they are up there.




We decided that because it was a tough day we needed to do something fun and of couse something that Aaron would love, so it was Maccas for tea.



I just wish Maccas could really fix everything.

34 comments:

  1. love you guys and sending big prayers and lots of love your way.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and prayers from the US as you and your boys continue to make your way through this very difficult period in your life. Your support for one another is inspiring and you seem to be a very wise mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breaks my heart that the boys struggled so much today. May you all rest well tonight. May the days ahead be full of peace and laughter. You are ever in our prayers. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. darn it, I want things to be different. Love you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an emotional day you and your boys have had, grief is a huge process to go through and there are no easy ways to get through it. It is something to be endured and will make you all stronger. I feel very sad for you all.

    Today is 15 years since my beautiful Nana passed away and I have thought of her many times today but not with so much sadness as I did in the first few years. I remember the best times with her with so much fondness and love.

    Aaron would be so proud of you Lisa, you are doing the most beautiful mothering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, not a day goes by that I don't think of you and your boys. I don't know why this had to happen to your family but I am so sorry that it did. I especially think of you at night when all the kids are in bed and add you to my prayers. I hope Heavenly Father will continue to comfort you and especially on extra hard days like today. X x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lisa. I was sitting here balling reading your post, then I got to the nudie pic and just cracked up laughing. I'm so glad Heavenly Father blessed your family with Kobe. Despite the heartache and grief you are able to laugh each day because of him...and the other boys of course. I just think Kobe's age and personality make his role in your family so special! Love you all heaps and we continually pray for you. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you continue to write your blog .... you are all an inspiration. Anniversaries are always hard. Hugs to you and you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish you Godspeed !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa, I came across your blog one day, quite by accident, and haven't stopped reading it since. I can't even begin to imagine what you're feeling, but please know that there is someone all the way over in Canada who thinks about you and your family daily, and prays for you all as well. You are, from what I can perceive, a fantastic mother trying to make the best life you can for your kids. From one mother to another, I salute you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just feeling so sad for you all today. So sad too that the boys had such a hard time at school. Just can't believe you are writing about how much Aarons grave has settled...its just so unreal xxx Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kobe gets more like Aaron as time goes by.
    Aaron would do something like that, to make us smile if we were feeling down, (not the squatting behind the bushes) lol...
    So sorry that the boys had a hard day today.
    Love Mum.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nie Nie mentionned your blog a few months ago and I went back to before Noah's passing to read as much as I could about you wonderful family. I think this was the hardest post to read. Your boys are so sweet. I can't imagine people being so mean to them. That picture of Jay crying by himself just got to me....
    I also send you all my best from Canada. You are always the first I read in the morning and often think of you. Stay brave!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. My heart breaks for you and your boys. I cannot imagine watching their sadness. I am so sorry that this happened in your life. My prayers and hugs are with you. Lisa L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such a beautiful and precious family. Continuing to pray for you and the boys....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sometimes there just are no words, but know that many, many people are giving you and your boys the world's biggest hug. I feel very lucky that you include us mere strangers so openly in your lives and journey. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I felt extremely sad tonight reading your post and cried the whole time except when Kobe jumped out of the bushes :)
    I can see the pain in Jaylen's eyes and can feel his pain. I lost my mother when I had just turned 17. My heart goes out to you all but I really felt for Jay tonight.
    I'm sorry to read the boys had a shit day at school.
    The pain may never leave but you will all find peace. I hope that comes soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Lisa, what a day for you all! So sorry :(. Think of you and your beautiful boys each day.
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lisa,

    Have been following your blog and it broke my heart today. My brother died in an accident when he was 37 and left a son and daughter 7 and 10. It's been 20 years and I just want you to know that with the strength of their mom (which I see in you) and the love and support of so many family and friends and their faith that they will see him again they have grown up to be amazing adults. It definitely changes who you are but please know that you have a future. It seems that the good ones always go to soon. My brother loved his kids so much as Aaron obiously did. Just sending you some love and prayers from the U.S. Ailene

    ReplyDelete
  20. This just made me cry...
    the sadness
    and the beauty.

    But most of all, the love.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love and prayers from a stranger in Vietnam.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for being an amazing, beautiful mother. You're incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sorry your boys had such a rough day. It wasn't very thoughtful of the boy who said he didn't care. Perhaps you should speak to the teacher and have her/him speak to that boy to try to make him understand, if that's possible. Your boys are so sweet and I love their smiles. Your nudist is a cutie too! The anniversary dates are so difficult. Your boys are lucky to have you and so many others who are supportive of you and your little family.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's hard to believe how cruel children can be. I know they just don't understand, but still. I am so sorry your boys had such a rough day. And so grateful you all have each other to love and hug and support each other. Your boys are so lucky to have each other... and to have YOU!

    McDonalds may not not heal all wounds, but Christ can and does and I'm so grateful you have the gospel. Heavenly Father is with you, loves you so much, and I'm sure is so pleased with you as a wonderful mother to your precious boys!

    Love and prayers from the US!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bless Kobe for bringing a smile to us all. Your photos are beautiful and I'm sure you will be able to look back and see you all have come a little furthur. The pain they show breaks my heart. Thinking of you always.

    Txx

    ReplyDelete
  26. My heart aches for you and your beautiful boys. Your courageous, sweet, strong boys are the type of young men I pray my daughter will one day marry. You are doing a wonderful job as a mother and I pray for your continued strength and ability to comfort your tender sons.

    You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Lisa, I am so sorry you and the boys had such a hard day :( Poor Harri for enduring the awful teasing, that makes me sick to my stomach, kids can be so cruel sometimes. You are an amazing mother, you are doing the absolute best for your beautiful boys and the love you all have for each other is strong enough to endure anything. Sending you lots of love, thoughts, prayers and strength xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh gosh, it's an awful enough feeling when the kids get in the car after a rough day when all else is ok, I think my heart broke for you all just a little bit more. And smiled at even no meat pies, far out, can't cop a break!! Hope today is an easier one.

    ReplyDelete
  29. my heart bleeds for all of you. It is so hard to see children in pain and have no real way of fixing things for them. It compounds your grief too. Bleck!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love and prayers! What an amazing mom you are to those amazing boys!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I wish Maccas could fix everything. Aaron might say it nearly does, he loved it so much - minus the sauce!!! ;) I can't imagine anyone prouder of you than Aaron. I can see him up there boasting away, "that's my girl". xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. My heart is aching when I read you're blog. The grief in you're sons eyes, sometimes life is so hard. And then you're youngest son makes me smile. I wish you all the love there is.
    Dineke(a stranger from Holland)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lisa, my heart breaks as I read your blog. It must be hard to always be the strong mother and your boys need you so very much. As they grow older and see things with new perspectives,they will always call you blessed. Know that you have so many praying for you, so you'll have that strength. So many people you don't even know, like me way far away in Alaska. May Heavenly Father continue to bless you and comfort all of you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...