Monday 5 July 2010

Monday Mornings

Every morning before school it is the usual routine - me yelling (actually 'reminding' them is what I should say - I would never yell! ;) at the boys to 'get your shoes on', 'have you brushed your teeth?', 'have you packed your bag?', 'have you got your home reader book', 'hurry up, were going to be late!'.

Monday mornings is THE worst as Harri is SO obsessed with football that he takes forever eating his cornflakes while he reads over the weekends footy wrap up in the newspaper. Instead of being banned from watching TV in the morning like Jalen has been, I've now started to threaten that he is going to be banned from the newspaper unless he gets ready faster!!

7 comments:

  1. Like father...like son.
    It just encourages his reading skills, so that can't be a bad thing.
    I don't miss the morning rush with getting you kids off to school to have breakfast, getting every thing together and down to the end of the driveway to catch the school bus.
    Actually, I do miss it.
    Love Mum.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a funny boy! I might ring him to do my tips from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harri has grown up so much. I feel like I have missed him growing up since he was the little 6 month old, I shared a room with, when I stayed with you. He's a bit of an all rounder isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's hilarious! When is your school vacation? It's weird to read that you are in school while we are out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could make reading the paper his reward for prompt breakfast eating and getting ready for school - imagine him sitting at the table, bag packed, all dressed with teeth cleaned but chillaxing for a little while before leaving (and how it would help you out!!). I do the same on school mornings!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS when I said I do the same, I meant the (not) yelling!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's so funny :) You- yelling!? No way! ;)

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...