Thursday 15 July 2010

Dad, Dad, Daddy!

Usually Kobe is happy enough to wave and say goodbye to Aaron in the morning as he leaves for work. This morning was another story. When he realised he was leaving he burst into tears and started chasing him out the door screaming 'Dad, Dad, Dad, Daddy!!', and kept reaching up to have a cuddle with him.

I always think how lucky I am to be able to be a stay at home Mum, while the boys are little. It's a choice I've made and it has been an easy choice to make as I love it, and although I would've loved to have bought a house years ago, or travelled the world or have a much nicer car to drive, none of that is worth not being with my boys while they are growing up.

I don't think I could stand leaving to this every morning anyway (mind you he was fine 30 seconds after he left!).

7 comments:

  1. It's funny how you can do the same routine day in and day out yet every now and then little ones have days like this! Will does the same thing every once in a while makes your heart melt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little sweetie!

    I'm with you Lisa - I got to do the stay at home Mum thing until the kids started school. They grow so fast! I didn't want to miss a second of it. Even now sometimes I want to wag work and keep them home from school to just hang out and watch them play before they grow up and leave home! Waaaaaaaaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know the best giggling game...Peek-a-boo around the carpet samples at freezing Bunnings....!!!!!
    yep the best place to be is home....
    I wont be long and then you wont ever want to leave that gorgeous new home...we will all have to come and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such SWEET pictures. There is nothing better than being home with my kids. Wish I could come see your new house. :) PICTURES please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Lisa,those of us who make this choice do give up major things like a career, home, car, money & lifestyle but once the decision is made and you are living the life it doesn't seem like much of a sacrifice. To know that I am doing what is right and good is enough. I'm so grateful to be a stay at home mum for my kids. And while it can be a struggle at times there is no way I would ever trade in the blessings Heavenly Father has given me and my family because of this one decision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you - wouldn't miss these years for anything. Let's hope Julia Gillard recognises us Mum's and rewards us appropriately (instead of the silly amount we get as Family Tax and Carer benefits!)

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...