Sunday 6 December 2009

Nursery!!!

Oh boy - how good is church when you don't have a noisy, active little man hanging off you!!!

For the last 6 months or so Kobe would've loved to have gone into nursery at church. Of course we had to wait until he was 18 months and the last 6 months have been very painful at church (to put it nicely!). He usually 'lasts' (making lots of noise) through the hour long sacrament meeting, but there is NO way he would then sit quietly in Sunday School and definitely no way he would sit in Relief Society. Climbing the stairs up to the stand and distracting the ladies is a lot more fun.

The last 6 months I have spend the last two hours of church in the hall trying to keep him occupied. In the last two months he has made his way down to nursery himself, opened the door and walked over to the playdough table and sat down ready to play with Elliot and Joe. When I have gone looking for him I have found him quite happily playing, and Shannon and Jess saying it was okay for him to be there. I didn't think it was fair that everyone else has to wait and said that he needed to as well, so would take him out as he was crying, kicking and screaming.

Today he was soooo excited to know that he could go to nursery and not be dragged out kicking and screaming.

Shannon said he went straight over to the toy cupboard and started banging on it for them to open it.

Shannon and Jess had some cute Christmas crafts for the boys to do today, and decided not to have the usual playdough time. Half way through the morning Shannon turned around and found Kobe on the floor rolling out some playdough with the roller! He had reached up and grabbed it anyway! I can see he is going to keep these two on their toes! :)

At least I don't have to worry about him crying when I leave him there. I didn't even have to take him up there today - he just made his way from the chapel and happily joined in. Now if only I could get Noah to sit quietly during church time I could actually sit and listen for the first time in 18 months!

9 comments:

  1. ohhh jealous! I have had to go to Nursery for 6 weeks now, cant leave, when I do it takes about 10 seconds and the screaming begins! Sooo clingy! Other girls were the same! Way to go Kobe for being such a big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that sucks Chels! I hope it doesn't take long for Rowan to settle down. Harri happily went as well. Jalen was a bit clingy for a while. I've been very lucky really, or maybe I'm just such an awful Mum they can't wait to get away from me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that sucks Chels! I hope it doesn't take long for Rowan to settle down. Harri happily went as well. Jalen was a bit clingy for a while. I've been very lucky really, or maybe I'm just such an awful Mum they can't wait to get away from me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man he is cute! Love the vest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being 6months pregnant and alone every second week when Ricky works our nursery leader felt compassionate as she watched me run up and down the halls for three hours EVERY week... I took the early invite!!!! The last two hours of church are my most peaceful in my week even if I don't hear "the Message" in lessons! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kobe will be running the nursery soon.
    All of you kids went very happily to nursery and school.
    I was worried that I must have been an awful mum, but the teachers said that it meant that they you were all well adjusted with life, and other kids take a little longer and then they love it.
    Love Mum.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lisa - he looks so BIG! In that last photo especially he loosk like he could be 2 or more - wont be long at he'll be at school!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kobe is very well adjusted. Maddi was a lot like Kobe when she went in, and it is only now that Alex will go in happily.

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...