Sunday 12 September 2010

My Baby is 11!!

Today is Jay's 11th birthday. He has been so excited about it. It's still so hard to believe that I have an eleven year old! We started celebrating yesterday by going out to Maccas for tea (Jalen's choice).

His brothers and Dad didn't mind at all, as they all love McDonalds too.

Jay said he got up early and came into our room and saw on our clock that it was 4am, so he went back to bed and then came back into our room at 5.45am. We were mean parents and told him he had to wait till Kobe woke up to open his presents, so he came running back into our room at 6.45 am when Kobe started calling out. He had asked for a couple of things including a Soleskate which is kind of a mini skate board that you put your foot on. He's going to have lots of fun trying to master it.

Jay has the funniest sense of humor (takes after his Dad) and is always making us laugh. He told us during the week that all he wanted for his birthday was for each of us to 'do a jig'. He is one strange kid! This morning after he opened up his presents he then says 'okay - time to do your jigs guys!'. We thought we would humor him and pulled out some crazy dance moves for him...little did I know that he was videoing me - pyjamas and all!! I thought he was going to take a photo - what a rat Bag! Check out the moves - I think I should be a Zumba instructor at the gym! ;)



Since the World Cup soccer was on all he has wanted was a vuvuzela (those horrible horn things that you could hear the whole time). Aaron ordered him one off eBay and he was so excited this morning to unwrap it and play it ALL day long!!! Nanna and Pa (Aaron's Dad and Step Mum) look excited about it! ;)

Noah hasn't had a happy day, so when Jay was blowing himself 'happy birthday' as Nanna and Pa sang to him, Noah yelled along with him. Aaron made a joke at tea time that Noah was imitating me in labour, eleven years ago!



After church, Grandma and Grandpa came for tea. Jay was cracking us up at tea time as he would break out in lots of toasts.

It's been a nice day with our BIG eleven year old! It's hard to believe that our little baby has grown up so much. We love you Jay - enough to do a jig for you and make ourselves look silly, just to see you smile :)

16 comments:

  1. He is NOT!!!! to bring that horrible horn thing to the football next year!!!!!We made our getaway before we had to do a jig.
    Love Mum.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah you DID miss out on the jig!!! Lucky you! I can just imagine Dad's dance moves :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that two chocolate ripple cakes? I had two chocolate ripple cakes as my 11th birthday cake too. :) Good choice, Jay.

    That's a great picture, too. No flash? :)

    Jay is such a great kid. Happy Birthday, Jay. :)

    I am not, however, looking forward to that horn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep - two chocolate ripple cakes was his choice (and easy for Aaron!) and no flash :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, and awesome. Also: apparently turning 11 means having MANSIZE LARGE MEAL at Maccas! I hardly ever even get a medium, let alone a large! But, he's a growing boy, I suppose! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. But, haha, I bet your American friends will look at that and go "Oh, only a small?" because that's what a small size looks like. Outrageous!

    Okay. I'll stop commenting now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe as my 22nd birthday cake I should have had 4 chocolate ripple cakes. Actually, Joey's mum got me a delicious ice cream cake. I was jetlagged for the first few days, but out of nowhere came a birthday cake, a few days later!

    Really, I'll stop. I'm glad Jay had a good birthday, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Jay, looks like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe Jay will be in YW's next year! Looks like a nice birthday. My fav shot is of the grandparents covering their ears. Grandma almost looks like she's in pain.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. whoops - that meant to say YM's. a hahaha. Don't tell him I did that :-)
    Old habits I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Lisa...you have GOT to break out in that jig at the dance on Friday!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it ...Happy Birthday Jay... are you looking fro a girlfriend yet...i know a gorgeous girl who is just your age!!!!!
    have a great year... what a great family to make you day so special...even if they do silly dances....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it ...Happy Birthday Jay... are you looking fro a girlfriend yet...i know a gorgeous girl who is just your age!!!!!
    have a great year... what a great family to make you day so special...even if they do silly dances....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cant see the jig... will have a look again later. Love the fog that Noah's machine makes!!! What a cool kid Jay is. Happy birthday Jay!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bet Aaron was glad witb his choice of cake this year. No food colouring in site! Thanks Noah for the reinactment of Jay's birth! Looks like he had a wonderful day. It makes me a little sad that he is growing up. He's one to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  16. YOU are a most awesome mom! I love your jig. We are SO alike. :) And I love it. What kind of cake is that? Looks so yummy! Happy birthday Jay!

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...