Monday 27 December 2010

Escaping the Cricket

There's only so much cricket that I can put up with, and with a test match on that Aaron can't miss a ball of, it was time to get out of the house with the boys. Today we headed to City Park for a bike ride and a play, even though the 'summer' weather wasn't very warm at all.

Jay and Harri have heaps of fun just doing laps around the park on their bikes and scooters, while Kobe, Noah and I visited the monkeys, looked at the fountain and took photos.


While I ducked around the corner for a second to take the photo of Noah above, Kobe decided that it really must be swimming weather, since it is supposed to be summer and there was some water. I came back around the corner to find this!! He was all ready to jump right in!

We finally caught up with the other two boys, and I bribed them to stay still for a couple of minutes so I could take some photos. I reminded them that Noah isn't always awake so it was a nice time to get some photos of them together.


While we waited for Harri to do his 'thirtieth lap' (he seemed to add on ten laps for every three he did!), Jay snapped some pics of us...

and we couldn't resist the old hold up and shoot pic.

Fingers crossed that the weather will start warming up very soon, so that we can really start enjoying our summer holidays, away from watching the cricket all day! :)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you tok your own little monkey to the park!
    Love mum.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. he he, I feel the same about cricket!!! Its been freezing down here... we are hanging out for beach weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are BEAUTIFUL! We are being DUMPED on with snow. (but I kinda like it) I hope it warms up soon for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been SO cold at night too - my two slept in the tents last night but came in at 6am (VERY early for them) as they were cold! We went for a walk and fed the ducks yesterday and I was surprised how much they both still enjoy it. Certainly beats the cricket!

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...