Supposedly Noah was missing hospital, as he decided it was time to go back in last night :( Just after we put him to bed last night he started breathing really fast and needed lots of suctionining. His temp then went up and he started having lots of seizures. After a dose of panadol and ventolin, he still wasn't settling so I knew it was time to pack the bags and head to the hospital. I was worried about what happened last time when he got so sick so quickly, and didn't want to wait too long in case he went downhill fast again.
We got up to the hospital at about 12.45 am and got straight through to emergency which was good. By 3.45am he'd had bloods taken, a canula in and was given IV antibiotics, was on 4 litres of oxygen, had a chest x-ray done and had been seen by the paed registrar (who we knew from our 17 days in hospital before).
By the time we got up to the kids ward at about 4am, his temp had gone down, his breathing had started to settle and his sats were sitting at 96% on room air. He slept well and so did I till about 7am when the nurse came in to do his obs again.
Noah's paediatrician came into see him and said his chest x-ray looks 'good' (as good as it can for Noah), his white cells are okay and it's hard to see what's going on as there is no sign of infection except for how he presented in emergency. He said he wanted us to stay in for a 'couple of days' to continue with the IV antibiotics anyway and just to be monitored to see if they can figure out what is going on. A 'couple of days' always turns out to be at least five, so we will wait and see.
So we are back in the same room, looking at the same court yard but are glad that he isn't too sick this time and hope that they can work out what is going on. It's much nicer knowing he is only on 2 litres of oxygen this time, rather than 14.