Monday 14 April 2008

Swimming and Water Safety Program

Today Punchbowl Primary School's grade 3, 4, and 5's started their annual Swimming and Water Safety Program. It was lucky that it was a sunny day as it isn't a very nice time of the year to be swimming in an outdoor pool. The program runs for two weeks and each day the kids go swimming for about an hour. I thought I would go along and watch today - making the most of the sun while it is still around :)

Jalen was excited about going, except that he said that his new speedo type bathers I bought him 'looked like undies!!'. He was horrified! The notice the school sent home said that they discourage board shorts, so I had to go searching for some speedos for him. When I bought them home and he tried them on he was not impressed at all. I sent him with his speedos and boardies and gave him a choice of what he wanted to wear and he surprised me by wearing his speedos, even though other boys had their boardies on. I guess he didn't mind because his rash vest covered it okay.

Today they split them into ability groups. It was interesting to watch how quickly they assessed where they were at and which group they should be in.


Harri was keen to watch Jay swim for the first 5 minutes, and then he got very bored (after his packet of chips were all gone!). He kept complaining saying 'I feel sick Mummy, I need a cuddle'. I asked if I could take a photo of him and he was not very co-operative.

Until I called him 'cranky pants' and that made him smile. Little rat!

As soon as we pulled up outside our house Harri declares ' I'm happy now Mum, I'm not sick anymore!'. Its amazing how fast he felt better :)

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha thats the sort of thing I would do be sick if I didn't want be there but feel better when at a better place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheeky little ratbag. I only added the photos today (as my laptop plays up and sometimes won't let me do things) I cant believe you have so many posts since sat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh I love your boys happy faces! Darbs just finished her learn to swim course and loved it.

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...