Tuesday 13 March 2012

Sunday Visits

Most Sundays we go to the cemetery either before or after church. I actually keep a watering can in the car all the time now, because whenever I visit the cemetery we water the grass around Noah's grave to keep it green. The boys love taking turns with watering it and there are usually tears (not necessarily because they are sad, but because one person gets to water it more than the other!).

I can't wait for them to level the top of Noah's grave off, and plant some grass seed. It will look so much nicer then.

I'm sure it's going to be a lot longer until Aaron's grave looks half as nice as Noah's.  They have just started on digging up a new area close to Aaron's grave, so hopefully that means that the area he is in, is just about full and they will start sewing some grass there soon.

Jay finds it particularly hard to visit Aaron's grave.  On Sunday he didn't even come over to visit Noah's with us, but just stayed at Aaron's and talked to him and cried.  He said he just wished that he would be able to talk back.


10 comments:

  1. Noah's grave is looking nice and green. I think you need a few watering cans in the back of the car! (give you another excuse to go to Bunnings ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you must write and update your blog just before I have the time to sit down and read it. As a Mother of 3 boys aged 12, 10 and 7 I can relate to many things you must be going through, but I have never experienced a loss like you and really feel for you. I shed many tears when I read your blog and have to explain to my boys why I am crying. I think they feel for your boys too. So from the mainland, we are thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a great woman. I admire you so much. And having the same problem as Susan when I am reading you're blog...
    Dineke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that missing your jay must be experiencing - so heartbreaking. Like the ladies above have said, I just really feel for you & your boys. You mentioned last week about your new job- I'm a special Ed teacher as well, I hope your work is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel utterly sad for Jay. But what a brave boy he seems to be.

    You all are, and that is such a blessing with all that you must find your way through.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing spirit you have. You and your boys. I wish I lived closer (and in Australia) so I could meet you and do something to help you and the boys. I have an 11-year old and would love to help make some happy memories for them. Keep up the great attitude and know you are admired for your grace, your mothering, and your love for those great boys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He has been through so much in such a short amount of time, as you all have. Cannot be easy to lose your beloved Dad so young. Give him a big hug for us all..

    And I second the idea of getting two more watering cans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lack of grass at the memorial park makes me sad too. Your boys are making a big difference to Noah's lawn, great effort boys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jay always breaks my heart. He's such a special kid. I wish I could take some of the pain away :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. It never fails, everytime I read your touching posts there are tears streaming down my face. I have four boys ages 12 down to 3 just like you. My heart goes out to you and my toughts are with you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...