Saturday 3 September 2011

7 years of laughs

On Thursday it was Harri's 7th birthday. I'm sure he had been counting down the days for about one and a half months before it was his birthday. He was so excited and was hoping to get a scooter (so he didn't have to bug Jay to borrow his anymore) and had a few other requests like a DS game, lego, Hawks stuff and books - all the things he loves.   He did ask for 'The Block' DVD set, but we told him we weren't even sure they make them, and even if they did they aren't out yet.

He woke up early to open up presents before school, and was very happy that he got most things he wanted as well as a couple of surprises.



He was excited to test out the scooter in the kitchen before school.

Harri absolutely loves school, but said to me in the morning 'I wish I didn't have to go to school today because it's my birthday'.  I asked him what he wanted to do if he stayed home with me, and he said he wanted to ride his scooter. I told him he had to go to school, but asked him if he wanted me to pick him up after lunch at school and come with me to watch Aaron's school footy team play in their grand final.

He of course jumped at the chance, so we went to watch them play and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine all afternoon.

He took his scooter along and had fun riding up and down the path at Queechy High.

After school Grandma and Grandpa came to visit (and I didn't even get a photo!) and we sang 'happy birthday' before we headed off for tea.   He cracked us up as we asked him during the week what kind of cake he wanted this year, and was assuming it would be something to do with Hawthorn, but instead he said 'a Block cake!!'.  When he becomes obsessed with something, that is all he thinks about, so a Block cake it was!


Whenever it's someone's birthday in our family they get to choose what we have for tea, so of course he chose McDonalds. 

It's hard to believe that he is already 7.  After having Noah it was a big decision to have another baby.  We always knew that we wanted around four kids, but weren't sure how we would cope with  more because Noah takes up so much of our time and energy.  Thank goodness we listened to those feelings that we had, because we couldn't imagine life without Harri or Kobe now. 

After Noah was born all we could focus on was him and his condition, and although we loved him it was hard to see how life could be 'normal' or even fun again. Harri definitely brought the fun back into our lives and we've had seven years of laughs with him.  He makes us smile every single day with the things he does and says.   The other day I said to him 'you are high maintenance Harri' and he looks at me and says 'what does that mean!!?'. I told him it means that he is 'hard work', but we wouldn't want it any other way.

We love you Hazza!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear, why do they have to grow up so fast??? He'll be a teenager before you know it. Love the photos, especially the one with his arm slung around Aaron, and the smoky Block cake :) How could you have forgotten to take a photo of grandma & pa?? You're slipping Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an asset to an already awesome family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like he had a great day! I'll never forget Harri as a baby. He was SO CUTE. I remember sharing a room with him while I was at uni. He was such a good sleeper, and he would always wake up so happy. He would always bang the bars on his cot in the morning, and smile at me.I think he was the one that made us so clucky! Love the cake too.

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...