Tuesday 8 February 2011

World's Greatest Shave 2011

Last year Aaron participated in the World's Greatest Shave for the Leukaemia Foundation. He was happy to help raise over $770 for the foundation which goes towards support for patients with Leukaemia and also towards research.

When Aaron took part, Jalen thought he would like to particpate as well, but by the time he decided to do it, it was too late to get sponsors.   He decided that it would be better to wait until this year to do it, so he could get a few sponsors.

Last week we were watching TV and Jay saw the ad for this year's World's Greatest Shave.  He was excited at first and said 'Mum!! The shave is almost on!!', and then five minutes later I looked at him and he had tears in his eyes. I asked him what was wrong, and he said he wasn't sure if he still wanted to do it this year.   I told him that it was okay, and it was up to him if he wanted to do it or not and I was proud of him for just thinking about it.

Then another five minutes later he jumps up all excited and says 'Yep!! I'm doing it!'.  He said 'it's only hair and it will help other people' and decided to jump onto the website right then and sign up.

He is planning on shaving his head on March the 10th - right down to a zero on the clippers!  Aaron can't wait to get his hands on him!  I think that I may cry when that happens, but really I am proud of him for wanting to help others, and as he said - it is only hair, and it will grow back fast.  So instead of the usual hair cut the week before school goes back, he gets out of it and is going to keep growing his hair until the shave.  I think he is pretty happy about that, but I keep looking at his hair, wishing I could get my hands on it and neaten it up before school goes back!

His goal is to raise at least $400, but of course he would love to beat Aaron's total!  Currently he has $248 so he is getting there. 


If you could sponsor him he would LOVE it, and the money goes to a fantastic cause.  I know it's hard for a lot of people right now - especially as most people have donated to the floods, but even if it is just a couple of dollars - it all adds up and every little bit helps out.  You can either sponsor online or by giving cash and donations $2 or over are tax deductible within Australia (we can post you a receipt).  Just click on either picture, and it will take you to the online site where you can donate.

4 comments:

  1. At first I thought Jalen was going to grow a beard!!!!!! That might take a looooooong time!! I'll see you at Conference to give you my donation!
    You've just got to beat Dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definately cry when he gets his hair cut, you know I hate any of the kids getting their hair cut.
    I am proud of him.
    Love Mum.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...