Thursday 18 July 2013

Our Last Day in Sydney

We had such a lovely time in Sydney with my brother.  I was so tired by the end of the week, and was glad that we had another week of holidays at home before school goes back. 

On our last day in Sydney we didn't fly out till early evening.  In the morning I spent some time at the temple of our church while the boys played mini golf with Chrish.  I like going to the temple in Melbourne or Sydney, but the Sydney temple is extra special to me as it's where Aaron and I were married.

Afterwards Chrish suggested that we go to La Perouse to have a look as it was close to the airport. It is where Botany Bay National Park is and it was interesting to see the area where the first fleet arrived. 
This stone tower was constructed in 1820 to house soldiers who were there to prevent smuggling.

 Chrish told us that the movie 'Mission Impossible' was filmed here at Bare Island Fort.

He told us there were some awesome rocks and formations here, and we didn't really know what to expect until we walked down and underneath. 


 The sandstone cliffs were amazing!


 
 
It was such a great place to visit before we flew home.

When I knew we were going to Sydney I contacted my cousin Carli to see if we could catch up while we were up there.  We had to laugh when we realised that she would be in Tasmania visiting family, the whole time we were in Sydney.  It was so funny to see her when we arrived home at the airport.  She was through the glass as we were coming in, as they were just about to leave to fly home to Sydney. 
We were trying to talk through the glass and just wanted to hug each other, so we tried to do it through the glass.
I did end up running up and going through security, so I could quickly give her a hug before she left.  It will be nice to see each other again soon, as it's not long before I have an exciting trip to Sydney planned.  Next time it will be without my boys which I'm anxious about, but I'm really looking forward to it. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh those sandstone cliffs are amazing, just beautiful. Great photos Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous place aye?
    I loved it, and the beach around the other side is so beautiful as well.
    Love Mum.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always like reading about the time you and your boys spend with Chrish. It is so obvious how much he loves you and cares about your boys and it is so lovely how your boys truly adore him. Great pictures too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures, and those cliffs are something to behold. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...