Saturday 13 October 2018

P!nk

Whenever I think about my blog I think that maybe it's time to just stop blogging,  but then I start browsing through it and I love that all our memories are in one place. 

Because it's the end of our October school holidays, I thought I'd catch up on my blog as I haven't blogged since the last school holidays. I was going to just blog about these holidays, but as I was going through photos on my phone I realised that a lot has happened since the winter holidays, so I'm going to attempt to catch up.

In August we were excited to go to Sydney to see P!nk in concert.  I had been to her concert twice before - once with Aaron and once with Mum, my sister Nicki and brother Chrish.  This time I wanted to take the boys as well, so I booked the tickets and had to wait about ten months for the concert.

After I booked the tickets and flights to Sydney, Harri found out that the Grade 8 school trip to Melbourne that he had wanted to go on, was on the same weekend.  I didn't want him to miss out on the trip to Melbourne as I knew how special it would be for him to go with his friends and teachers, so Erin was able to come to Sydney with us instead.

Harri flew to Melbourne and we flew to Sydney a couple of hours later.  I was sad Harri wasn't coming with us, but happy that he got to have a fun weekend with his mates.
Erin had never been to Sydney before, so it was fun taking her and showing her the sights.  Because we go so often to see my brother Chrish, we feel like we know Sydney really well.  
Chrish met us in the city on his lunch break.  It was so nice to leave the cold weather of Tassie behind for a little while.

We made a trip on the ferry to Manly for lunch and an ice cream.

We also went for a very quick visit to Luna Park to show Erin.  We paid for two rides each and Erin and Jay went on the drop and Mystery Manor with me which is our favourite - a scary house where live people dressed up as zombies jump out and follow you around the house.  Then Kobe and I went on his favourite ride - the tumble bug. 

Throughout the weekend we kept talking to Harri who was having an awesome time in Melbourne.  They went to Scienceworks, on an MCG tour, shopping, and some footy games.  He loved having his favourite teachers with him on the trip.
We were very lucky to see Pink as she had to cancel the concert the night before ours as she was very sick.  She did our show, but then had to postpone the rest of her Sydney shows after ours as she ended up in hospital.  During her first song you could tell she wasn't well, but then she did an amazing show and you really couldn't tell how sick she was.  She was incredible and it was my favourite concert of hers that I had been to so far.  If I were rich I would've gone to her show again - she's amazing.

During the concert Kobe became really emotional during one of the ballads. I asked him if he was okay, and he started crying and said he was missing Harri.  It was really sweet and made me laugh as they're usually arguing with each other, but we did miss having Harri with us a lot.   It was nice to get all back home together and hear about Harri's weekend and tell him more about ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...