Thursday 24 December 2015

Aaron's 43rd Birthday

Yesterday we should've been celebrating Aaron's 43rd birthday with him. When I look at his photos I still feel like he could just walk through the front door. No doubt he would be cracking some stupid joke or complaining about the grade 8 girls at school and all the things he had to deal with throughout the day (which he actually really loved).

I feel him around at different times and because of that it's hard to believe that it's almost 4 years since he was here with us. I can not even begin to describe how much I love and miss my best friend. I'm so glad that each of our boys have parts of him in them, because every day they remind me of him. I do tell them that's not always a good thing though. 

I just wish I could hear his voice, and could snuggle up on the couch with him. I wish he was here to talk to after work and when the boys are in bed. I wish he was here to watch cricket and footy with the boys. Harri said yesterday he wished he was here because he would've got Foxtel on so he could watch the NBA and that would mean he could watch it too smile emoticon I wish I was begging him to go to KFC for me because I was craving some chips (and he would do it after complaining what a pain I was!)

I wish he was here lifting Noah to bed as he told him what a cheeky monkey he was and how heavy he was getting. I wish I was complaining about how ridiculous it is to have your birthday two days before Christmas and how inconvenient it was to make a cake when we were so busy.

We love and miss him so much. 
Jalen posted this on Facebook during the day.  It made me laugh and I commented that I wasn't sure if he got his good looks from his Dad ;)
As usual when school finishes and it's holidays, my body has crashed and I'm not feeling great.   I think because it's a hard time of the year with our anniversary, Aaron's birthday and Christmas within a month of each other it makes it all worse as I try to keep plodding along, but my body always let's me know that I'm not coping as well as I would hope.  I didn't do much during the day, but we've been having some lovely weather and it was fun watching Kobe in the backyard on the waterslide.



In the afternoon we went to visit Aaron's Dad and his Step Mum Carrol, to swap Christmas presents.  The boys were very spoilt. 

During the week we went to see the new Star Wars movie together (Jalen has already seen it twice) and the boys have been having a lot of light sabar fights since.  Because of their age differences, it's not often that all three play together, but the light sabars and Nerf guns always seem to get them playing together.

Ever since Aaron passed away, we have got together with our friends Gary and Lisa and Simon and Simone and their families on his birthday.  We have always had a BBQ tea together and then gone to the cemetery to release balloons and have Pepsi for him.  Even though I wasn't feeling well all day, I was looking forward to catching up with them, as I knew they would cheer me up.  

Jay and Gary debriefing about the new Star Wars movie.



Playing cricket.





Pepsi for Dad.


Noah's tree is now full of graves which is sad.  It was just him and another boy Thomas for a long time. 






 


finally remembered to take my selfie stick somewhere and was so happy about it, as it meant we could all be in a photo together.  



Simone cracks me up as she still hates Pepsi and only has it once a year for Aaron.
I'm very lucky to have so many great friends, including these two.   They make it so much easier on hard days. 
I will miss these guys so much as they're about to move away to the mainland :( It won't be the same without them. 


We have no choice but to deal with the day as it comes, and I'm grateful for friends who make it easier. 



1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family both here and in Heaven. It's wonderful to see you have such special people to spend the hard days with. Thinking of you all this time of year. <3

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...