Tuesday 21 December 2021

22 and 17

In September Jalen and Harri turned 22 and 17.  I'm not sure how that's possible because to me they'll always be 3, 7 and 11, as that's how old they were when Aaron passed away.  Although I know things have changed a lot in the last ten years, it also feels like time stood still when he died. 

Jay and his girlfriend Jessie drove up from Hobart for Harri's birthday. Harri chose Burger Junkie for tea and I forced everyone to take photos afterwards :) 

Out of all the options for a birthday cake, Harri still chose to have a Woolies mudcake. 
12 days later it was Jay's birthday and we drove to Hobart for it. He also chose to have burgers for lunch. 

They didn't complain as much about taking photos on Jay's birthday. I think they just expect that it's going to happen, and just try to get it over with :)

Harri always loves pulling silly faces for photos. 
It won't be long until Kobe is taller than Jay! 

Jay was very happy with a cheesecake from the Cheesecake Shop for his birthday. 
I love the ages that the boys are right now.  Life is a lot easier for me now that they're older, but it's also bittersweet because they no longer need me physically, like they did when they were little. Even though they're older they still miss Aaron every day.  I wish he were here to tease them and their girlfriends, because I have no doubt that is what he would be doing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...