Friday 21 December 2018

Memorial Awards

It's that time of the year again when I donate and present memorial awards at the Punchbowl Primary School Celebration Night and the Kings Meadows High School Presentation Day Assembly. 

Sometimes I don't know the students who win the awards, so I was so excited to see the name on the award at the Punchbowl Celebration Night before the announcement.  Olivia is such a beautiful girl inside and out, so I was so happy that she won the Noah King Friendship Award this year. 





Afterwards I went up to chat to her and to take a photo together, and once we found her Mum and started talking about how great it was that she won it, Olivia became very emotional.  It was really touching to see how much it meant to her to win it.  
It felt really weird going back to Kings Meadows High this year as there are so many new teachers there now who didn't work with Aaron.  I'm sure it's going to eventually get to a stage where I don't know any of the teachers there  which makes me sad, but I'll continue to donate and present awards there as he loved his job as a teacher and it was such a huge part of his life.  



I used to visit the Child Studies class with Noah every year to talk about life with a child with a disability, and Aaron was the one who came up with the idea to donate a memorial award after he passed away, to go to a student in Child Studies.  This year the Noah King Memorial Award was won by Ruby Tatnell.  She told me afterwards that she really wants to work in Child Care which is lovely. 
The Aaron King Memorial Award was won by Makayla Bingley.  The award goes to a Grade 9 student who is hardworking, endeavours to do their best academically, is compassionate and has a love of all sports (the teachers believe these were qualities that Aaron had).  


No comments:

Post a Comment

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...