Wednesday 26 December 2018

46

Last Sunday would've been Aaron's 46th birthday.  I don't know if I should say it was his birthday, it would've been his birthday or it should've been his birthday.  It still is his birthday, but it seems strange to say it was his birthday, when he only got to celebrate 39 of them on earth and he's no longer here to celebrate them himself.  

I'm grateful for awesome friends who help me 'celebrate' his birthday every year.  Usually we have a BBQ first and then head to the cemetery, but this year Carols By Candlelight was on the same night, so we decided to have Pepsi at the cemetery and then go to the carols together.


It was lovely to have Simone's sister Collette and her family (who have been living in Sydney) join us this year, and Merilyn who is Simone's Mum .  My Mum also joined us this year.  We released balloons and then had Pepsi at Aaron's grave.

 These two are great friends and are always there for me.
Erin's Mum and Grandma met up with us at Carols By Candlelight. 
This year felt particularly hard and I'm not sure why.  In some ways it feels like 7 years is long enough for people to 'forget', but to me the grief is still very raw and overwhelming at times.  I'm grateful to those who haven't forgotten and made the effort to let me know by sending me photos of them having a Pepsi for Aaron on his birthday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...