Monday 25 April 2016

Holidays are Over

We're just about to finish two weeks of school holidays and are about to start term 2 of the school year, but it feels like we've had a lot of holidays lately as we had Easter holidays, just a couple of weeks before.  We had a great time camping and it was lovely to have my brother Chrish down for a little while.  I love hanging out with Chrish as we love just getting out and about, taking photos together. 

During the Easter holidays we went to the 50s Diner in Deloraine with Chrish and Mum. It was the first time we had been there together and the boys loved it.
Chrish came and stayed with us the night before he flew back to Sydney, and we met up with my cousin Tim and his wife Helene and their kids, for a walk at the Gorge.  It was the last week of daylight savings, so we knew we had to make the most of it before the nights would get dark early.
Just before our term break, my sister Nicki and her husband Alex and their kids came down from Melbourne.  Alex has a new job and they will be moving to live in the USA, so they left the kids in Tassie while they went to the USA together to find a house for when they move.

We got together with them at my brother Eden's house and it was lovely to have a lot of the cousins together again.

All the little boys are loving Jay at the moment and they loved that Jay wanted to wrestle and play with them. 
Even though we just had Easter holidays, we were ready for a bigger break as we have all felt really tired after a big term.  I'm sad that it's no longer summer as it means we can't go swimming every day, but we have had some beautiful autumn weather.  We've been making the most of it and have been going for lots of walks with Tim and Helene and their kids.

When I'm busy at work the last thing I want to do is think about cooking.  I don't enjoy cooking very much and I think it's mostly because I just don't have time to do everything, so cooking is at the bottom of my list. When I'm on holidays I find I'm so much more relaxed, so Kobe was very excited when I asked him if he wanted me to cook one day.
It's so much easier to make time to do things with the boys when it's holidays.  When I'm working I just find I would rather just do it all myself to get it done quicker. I think Jay has now learnt not to ask for his favourite tea, as I made him make lasagne one night when he asked if we could have it. 
During the holidays the Hawks played a game in Tassie.  Kobe, Harri and I went along to their training session.  We always love seeing Aaron and Noah's plaque on the Hawks wall of fame.   
The next day we went to watch Hawks v Saints.  Tim and Helene's son Jai came along with us, and I told him if he came he had to go for the Hawks.  He agreed to as he was going to anyway, but he's really a Cats man.
Aaron's Dad and my Mum also came to the game. Aaron's Dad loves watching the boys get into the game.
Harri is always the stats man and loves filling out the footy record whenever there's a goal or point.

It was such a close game, so the boys were glued to the screens outside when we went to get food.

It was an awesome game and it was so exciting at the end, with Hawthorn winning by 3 points.
The boys were very excited to be able to have a kick on the ground after the game.
It was such a beautiful evening and the sunset looked so pretty as we walked away from the ground.
Over the holidays we have seen a few movies.  I'll give you a hot tip - don't bother going to see Batman V Superman if you haven't already! Jay had already seen it with a couple of his mates and told me that he liked it, so I agreed to take all three boys to it.  It wasn't good at all, and Jay came out after watching it the second time and agreed that it wasn't as good as he thought it was the first time he saw it.

We all went to see Zootopia and absolutely loved it, and Kobe and I had a special date together while Harri was at basketball 'camp' and saw The Jungle Book, which we also loved.
We caught up with my sister in law Becky and the kids while we were in Hobart, but we were able to catch up with them again as they came and stayed with my Mum for a few days.  It's so cute seeing all the little kids with Jay.  Ezra is fascinated with him, and whenever he would see him he would call out 'Jay! Jay!' and would go and chat to him. 
We have been so lucky with the weather, so we went and spent a couple of hours at Hawley Beach.

The water was freezing, but that didn't stop the kids getting in!



My nieces Kelsea and Chloe were so cheeky and kept putting live crabs under my things, and loved it when I would squeal my head off.


The thing that I love most about this time of the year are the sunsets. They're amazing and I had to laugh one night when I walked into our sunroom and saw the beautiful sunset through the window, but Kobe had no clue as he was mesmerised by his iPad.


Today is our last day of holidays and it is also ANZAC Day. It was lovely to be able to march with the boys and their school, and they were excited to wear some medals for our friend Jenny.
always feel the same at the end of holidays, and dread going back to work as I know that life is going to get very hectic again, but I'm glad that I have a job that I love to go back to.  I know that once we are back at school and in routine, it will seem like we didn't even have holidays .  I'm already hanging out for the next one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...