Friday 16 July 2021

Term 1

It seems crazy to be writing about Term 1 when Term 3 is about to start,  but I wanted to do a quick blog catch up as I know I'm going to forget things if I don't record them. 

This year was a milestone for the boys as there is one at Uni, one in college (Year 11) and one in high school (Year 7).   The boys were dreading their first day of school, after a lovely summer break. It's always weird seeing my boys go off to Year 11 and 12 not having to wear a uniform. 
Harri was nervous about starting college, but settled in pretty quickly.  He says he still misses high school and seeing the same friends every day, but he's made a lot of new friends at college as well.  

When Kobe was in primary school he used to always say 'I hate school' which I thought he was just saying, but he often woke up with 'I feel sick' and just really didn't look forward to going to school. 
Now that he's in high school he's enjoying school for the first time ever. He's also made lots of new friends and loves all the different classes, and having different teachers. Towards the end of the term  Kobe was happy to be asked to be a part of the Grade 7 leadership group.  
It was so good catching up with my cousin Emily and her family more over the summer and getting to know her kids and husband Aaron.  I wish it didn't take the death of Jarom for us to get sorted to see each other more.  We went with them to one of our favourite restaurants and were glad that they liked it too. 

Sophie was like Kobe and loved getting the food off the train and sending it back to the kitchen. 

At the beginning of term I went on a full day excursion to Hobart with the grade 5 and 6s from school.  We left at 7am and got back at 8pm.  It was one of the hottest days ever, and we were all melting, but it was an awesome day.  We went to Mt Wellington, walked across the Derwent Bridge and ZooDoo.  The group that I was with were very lucky and all got to feed the lions.

The kids loved being able to handfeed the kangaroos and deer. 

Jay was excited about the Basin Concert which then turned into the 'Basin-ish Concert' thanks to Covid restrictions and having to move the concert to a different venue.  He asked me if a few of his friends could come and stay as they were also coming to the concert.  When I told him that was fine, he cracked me up when he said 'they're all girls'. 

I was excited to meet some of his friends which he had talked about for the past year.  When I got home from work they had already left to go to the concert, but had left me a bunch of flowers and this note on the table.  I knew straight away that they were going to be lovely :) 
Erin and Jay haven't been going out for about 18 months now, but they're still really good friends so she also came and stayed with the girls for the night.  I met them all in the morning and it made me so happy to know that Jay had such lovely friends. 
Jay came home for the Easter weekend and the weather was so beautiful for it.  On Good Friday we went for a quick walk at Fern Glade Reserve near Burnie, and then went and had lunch on the beach. 
When Chrish was down a month before, he and Mum went to Sisters Beach. Their photos looked beautiful, so I decided I wanted to go there during the holidays. It was such a beautiful beach and reminded me of Binalong Bay.  



Kobe ended up staying at Mum's after Easter on his own, for some of the holidays. He absolutely loves staying with Grandma and she spoils him rotten when he is there. 
My sister in law Becky and the kids came up during the holidays, and one day during the holidays I met them and my sister in law Steph and her kids and Mum and Kobe at Tasmazia. 





Kobe often gets bored as he's mostly at home on his own now that the boys are older, so it's always lovely for him to hang out with his cousins. 
One night we went to watch a live NBL game with Eden and Steph and the kids and Mum and went out for tea first. 
My friend Lynne often goes to Hobart for work for a night or two and because it was holidays, she suggested that I joined her.  At first I didn't think much of it, but then we talked about it more and I realised how fun a girls' night away would be, even if she had to work for most of the time.  So I organised for the boys to stay at friend's houses and joined Lynne on her work trip. It was lots of fun as I got to go and spend time with Jay (and met his new girlfriend), got to go shopping without the boys bugging me, went out for tea with Lynne after she had finished work and caught up with my friend Sarah for brunch before coming home. 
In the last week of the holidays my sister in law Steph and the kids came into town and we joined them at Airtime and Riverbend Park then went to get some lunch. 
We thought we'd try out a Japanese place that we'd seen called Gatsu Gatsu.  
Kobe was excited to try some Japanese soda.  We then realised that next door were some Japanese style sleeping pods and Kobe just about freaked out in excitement. He kept saying how sleeping in one of them was on his bucket list, and kept asking if we could stay there sometime. I tried to put him off, and was silly and suggested that maybe he could do something like that for his birthday. I thought he would forget about it....that did not happen! 
We loved Term 1 holidays because for the first time we had a three week break, because Easter fell during those holidays and I really needed the beak after a crazy busy term. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...