Sunday 6 October 2019

September Birthdays

Our birthdays are over for another year as Kobe and my birthdays are in June and Jay and Harri's birthdays are both in September.  Harri's birthday was on Father's Day this year, which was probably a good thing because it was a distraction from Father's Day, as we just wanted Harri to have a happy day. 

The day Harri's birthday we went to visit Aaron's Dad to wish him a happy Father's Day.
Harri has really been struggling since Milly died, so he wasn't really looking forward to his birthday. It's hard watching the boys grieve all over again, after all they've been through.  I suggested that he plan something with his friends for his birthday, but he said he didn't feel like anything.  I was glad when he asked if he could go and watch his friends play in their football grand final, as I knew that would help him have a happier birthday.

The four of us went out for dinner, and he chose to go to Hogs Breath. I love it when the boys choose to go there for their birthday dinner, as they get a free meal during their birthday month with the VIP cards that we have.  
Harri said he was happy with a cake bought from the supermarket, and asked for lollies on the top, so I decorated it with Maltesers which he loves. Aaron was always the cake maker, so I try to avoid the stress of doing special cakes if I can.  It's so much easier now the boys are older. 

Harri has now lived more of  his life without his Dad, than he had with him.   Despite it being almost 8 years since Aaron died, Harri finds it harder now than he did when he was younger, as he understands more now what it would mean to have Aaron here, and just wishes that Aaron were here to spend time with.  They are SO alike and if Aaron were still here, there would be so much banter about sport, music, clothes and shoes. 
I'm feeling very old, now that I have an 11, 15 AND 20 year old!  How can that be possible!? Unlike Harri, Jay was really looking forward to his birthday and kept joking how old he was because he was turning 20.  He also wanted to go to Hogs Breath for tea, and Erin joined us. 
The boys thought it was hilarious when 'Hogster' started walking around and I was surprised they agreed to a photo with him! 
Jay's birthday cake request was also easy - a chocolate ripple cake.  
Although I hate that they're growing up so quickly, I love their ages right now.  I'm lucky that they're such good 'boys' (most of the time).  I know Aaron would be very proud of them.  I wish he were here to be a part of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...