Saturday 4 February 2017

Lavender and Lakes

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm obsessed with Instagram.  I love posting pics because it's such a quick and easy way to record memories, and I also love seeing my friend's and family's pics as well.  I also love following accounts that share photos from around Tassie or Australia and often see photos of the Little Blue Lake  in Tasmania and think it looks so beautiful, and have always wanted to go there.

At the beginning of the school holidays Jay and I actually talked about taking a drive to the Little Blue Lake during the holidays. He is into taking photos at the moment and thought it would be fun to take photos there, so we said that we will make sure we did it before the end of the holidays. 

Not long after we talked about it my cousin Tim mentioned to me that we should all go for a drive together to the Little Blue Lake! It cracked me up as Jay and I had just talked about going so we made a date to go. 

We knew that it was a bit of a drive, so we decided to go to the Bridestowe Lavender Farm on the same day.  We have been there before, but Tim and Helene have never been. It was a really hot day!













It was a bit of a drive to get to the Little Blue Lake and when we were almost there I saw the sign that said we were only about 35 km from St Helens. I told the boys we should just keep driving and go there, but they weren't keen after spending so long in the car!

Kobe was like a tourist jumping out of the car with his iPad to take a photo :) The lake used to be a mine and is full of minerals which is what causes the blue colour. It looks so beautiful but the signs say that you shouldn't swim in it because its acidic.  I have heard that people still swim there though.










The drive home on the sideling from Scottsdale was beautiful, but Kobe didn't agree at all as he got very car sick and we had to stop on the way so he could vomit - poor man. At least we can say that we've finally been there.  We really do live in a beautiful place.

1 comment:

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...